- Reviews (0)
We have entertained HUNDREDS of children with our Shrinkies and they are loving it! (It’s like the 70’s are back – and we are excited!!)
What is Shrink Art?
Shrink Art or ‘shrinkies’ as they are also known, is a fantastic arty activity for kids. They get to draw their own unique picture on a special shrink art plastic sheet and watch it magically shrink in size in the oven! The finished product is a compact piece of art. How cool is that! Our shrink art sheets are A5 size 21cm x 15cm. These plain (no pre printed art) shrinkies come in packs of 20 or save with a pack of 100 sheets.
Shrinkies can be used to make a variety of fun shapes and drawings including:
- Patterns, animals, faces
- Kids names, letters, numbers
- Favourite characters and symbols
- Anything you can draw, trace or copy!
How to make a Shrinkie
1. Draw an awesome picture with pencils, permanent markers or metallic markers
2. Cut out the shape with scissors, keeping edges rounded – no sharp pokey bits. Remember to punch a hole if you plan to make a keyring or want to tie the shrinkie to something
3. Mum or Dad place the shrinkie in the oven/toaster oven for 30 – 40 seconds
4. Watch it shrink! IT IS AMAZING 🙂
The finished shrinkie will be 40% of the original size and 9 times the thickness.
SHRINK ART is here at Kidsplay Crafts and available right now! A low-cost and easy – yet very fun activity for all ages.
For businesses such as resorts, holiday parks and fetes – how about creating a traceable image of your mascot? Children attending kids club or activities could draw the mascot and turn it into a bag tag to keep.