Magiclay is an air drying paper modelling clay is lightweight, elastic, soft and very easy to use. Magiclay can be pulled, stretched, sprung back, rolled, or coloured with paint, coloured food dye or markers.
Suitable for all age levels and can be incorporated into any type of her artwork. The Paper Magiclay Candy Colours Pack is includes 12 bright assorted colours in 20g tubs : peach, yellow, orange, dusty pink, hot pink, red, lilac, blue, lime, turquoise, green and black.
Paper Magiclay 240g Candy Colours is a lightweight, soft and elastic modelling clay compound that air dries in hours. Once dry the clay creates a paper-like texture and is light. To prevent the clay simply wrap unused portions in an airtight container.
Important features of Magiclay:
- Magiclay adheres wet to wet, and wet to dry surfaces. No adhesives are required. Magiclay can also stick onto paper and canvas to create 3D and textured elements to artwork.
- Magiclay comes in a range of colours and mixes using the same colour mixing rules as paint.
- Best used over an armature so that only a very thin layer of the material is required.
- A great material to use after exploring real clay or Clay Dough, to develop skills and create final artwork.
- Magiclay only has half an hour workability before it will start to harden.
- Work on a clean surface and avoid overworking before attaching material to a model.
- Use small amounts of Magiclay at a time and store unused material in a sealed container to prevent premature drying.
- Free from wheat, gluten and wheat derived products
How to use Magiclay
Magiclay is amazingly versatile and can be utilised in numerous art mediums
Colouring with wet Magiclay: Easily colour white Magiclay with paint, dye and markers. Just add a small amount of pigment and mix through prior to modelling.
Colouring: Once Magiclay is dry, its surface can be painted or printed on.
Blending & Marbling Colours Mix colours together to expand your colour palette. Add white to lighten and brighten colours. For marbled effects, lightly mix colours.
Model Making: Paper Magiclay will bond wet to dry – just press on a surface, or press parts together and it will hold; no adhesives, joining techniques or special tools are required. This is why it is ideal clay for model making and popular with all age levels.
Building Up Surface: Press Magiclay directly onto canvas or paper to add a 3 dimension effect or build a surface on which to paint.
Creating Forms: Create a frame and mould Magiclay over the top. Magiclay can be smoothed out and finer details can be added.
Use as a canvas: Emboss and imprint designs and patterns into the surface. When dry, Magiclay can be stitched into.
Shaping & Finishing a Form: Magiclay can be applied to an object to create a unique forms. Once sealed, alternate between sanding and painting to build up a polished and smooth surface. Varnish to finish for an amazing finish.