Organising a kids party for first time parents can be very overwhelming as you may feel there are so many expectations from well meaning family and friends.
We are here to help with our top 10 points for organising a kids birthday party.
1. Set a Budget: Setting a budget for the party is the first and most important step for any first-time parents. Consider how much you are willing to spend on food, decorations, activities and entertainment.
2. Choose a Date and Time: Once you have a budget, decide on a date and time for the party. Keep in mind any scheduling conflicts among your guests, especially if they are school aged.
3. Choose a Theme: This is a great way to give your party direction, and help you choose decorations, activities, and even food. It also helps to make the party more memorable for your guests.
4. Select a Venue: Decide where the party will take place. It can be your own home, a park, or even a rental facility. Do you have the space at your house for the children and a the parents ? If not a local park is always a great option.
5. Send Invitations: Sending invites in advance is a must, especially if you are inviting school-age kids. Always remember some parents forget to RSVP and just send heir child anyway ! Make sure you cater for an extra coupld of children just in case.
6. Plan Activities and Entertainment: To make sure the party runs smoothly and everyone stays entertained, plan out some activities and entertainment. This might include games, a bounce house, arts and crafts, or even a magician.
7. Prepare Food and Drinks: Depending on the type of party, you might want to provide food and beverages. If you are having a large party, consider ordering catering or having a potluck.
8. Get Supplies: Make sure you have all the necessary supplies, such as plates, cups, utensils, napkins, decorations, and any other items needed for the activities.
9. Designate an Assistant: Being a first-time parent can be overwhelming, so it’s important to have someone help you. Ask a friend or family member to be your assistant during the party.
10. Have Fun: Most importantly, make sure to have fun and enjoy the party. After all, it’s your child’s special day!