Perler for beginners! Unsure on how to get started with Perler Beads? Here’s 5 easy tips on what products and things you’ll need to know to get you started.
1. Perler Activity Kits. Our Activity kits are the best way to try out Perler beads for the first time. They come with everything you need – beads, pegboards, instructions and ironing paper. The only thing you’ll need is an iron! Our Mermaid Activity packs and Ocean Activity packs are very popular starter packs and gifts.
2. Our 22,000 Bead tub is the cheapest way to buy beads! Now including up to 30 colours, this range will be more than enough to create simple designs or large beautiful detailed projects.
3. Peg-boards. Kidsplay Crafts have a wide range of pegboards to get you going. The standard square clear pegboard is our most popular product and the pegboard value pack will get you going with shapes like a monkey, octopus and even a t-shirt.
4. Pattern Pads. Kidplay sells a range of pattern pads to inspire and guide you on your projects. You can also find many free designs on the internet or convert a picture into a pixelated design using one of a number of popular apps.
5. Tweezers. Perler tweezers will make the beading process much easier. The official perler tweezers are designed to suit small bead size and will help you pick up and place beads onto your pegboard so much easier. For something different try the perler bead pen.